LIPOSCULPTURE AND TIGHT SKIN ……RENUVION / JPLASMA, A MATTER OF ENERGY
We routinely include this tool now when we perform liposculpture in patients with loose skin. In many cases this will avoid us to perform a cutting procedure, thus obviating the need for scar.
This can be used in liposculpture , armlift, tummy tucks, etc…This is also very useful in case of lipoedema ( extreme deposits of fat in the lower limbs).
- Collagen reacts very predictably to the application of heaT
- At higher temperatures, shorter treatment times can be used to achieve maximum contraction
- At a temperature of ~65°C, treatment time must be >= 152 seconds for significant contraction to occur
- At a temperature of 85°C, treatment time can be reduced to 0.044 seconds (~3,500 times faster)
- Data show Renuvion® rapidly heats tissue to 85°C for just long enough for collagen to achieve maximum contraction
- With Renuvion, heating and cooling back to baseline occurs in less than 0.75 seconds
- Ideal for patients who aren’t ready for excisional surgery
- Provides dramatic results with lower risks and recovery time than more-invasive surgery
Summarizing, this is a skin tightening technique ( based on radiofrequency + helium gas ) in order to maximise skin tightening in patients with loose skin . After the lipo , this tool is introduced in order to heat up the tissues up to around 60- 70 degrees Celsius , which causes a biostimulation and eventually shrinking of the skin. Although the operative time is longer, the result in selected cases is much better.